Joan’s drawings, paintings, prints, and artist’s books have been exhibited both nationally and internationally. She has published three limited edition artists’ books, Arachne/Amaranth, 23 Eggs, and Passages: Understood and Agreed.
Arachne/Amaranth was partially funded with a National Endowment for the Arts grant and 23 Eggs was partially funded by a grant from Pyramid Atlantic, Silver Spring, MD.
In 2022, Joan published a book of her paintings titled PAINTING COLORADO: A Watercolor Journal. For more information about the book and to view sample pages, go to Publications.
Drucker, Johanna. The Century of Artists’ Books, Granary Books, New York 1996.
Pages 136-137, photo page 136.
- Arachne/Amaranth, experimental offset, edition 150
- 23 Eggs, experimental offset, edition 1000
- Passages: Understood and Agreed, experimental offset, edition 60
- Painting Colorado: A Watercolor Journal, 84 page plus cover, available in hardback and softcover
- Franklin Furnace Archive, New York
- Library of the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Library of the Museum of Modern Art, New York
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago
- National Museum of Women in the Arts, Washington, D.C.
- Book Arts & Rare Books Collections, University of Washington
- Caribou Ranch Open Space, Nederland, CO
- Virginia Western Community College, Roanoke, VA
- 14th, 16th, 17th & 18th Annual Lines Into Shapes, Art Center of Estes Park, Estes Park, CO, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Juried).
- 16th, 17th, 18th & 19th National Juried Exhibition, Plein Air Artists of Colorado, Taos, NM, 2012 | Abend Gallery, Denver, CO, 2013, 2014 | Mary Williams Fine Arts, Boulder, CO, 2015 (Juried).
- 28th & 29th Annual National Juried Fine Arts Show, Louisville Art Association, Louisville, CO 2013, 2014 (Merit Award).
- Boulder Artists Going Local, Canyon Library, Boulder Public Library, Boulder, CO, 2009.
- The Spirit of Chautauqua, Chautauqua Community Center, Boulder, CO, 2008.
- Open Studios Boulder, Boulder, CO, 2008.
- High Plein Air, Denver, CO, 2007.
- American Artists’ Books, Kunst Centret Silkebord Bad, Denmark, 2004.
- 13th Annual Strathmore Juried Exhibition, Strathmore Hall Arts Center,
North Bethesda, MD, 2004, (Honorable Mention)
- Bookworks, Virginia Western Community College, Roanoke, VA, 2003. (Solo exhibit)
M.A. in Education, Catholic University of America, Washington, DC
B.A. with Honors in Sculpture, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia
For more information about my fine arts career, please download a copy of my ArtResume.
For information about my graphic design career, please download a copy of my Design Resume.